For those of you who know me, I've been riding a roller coaster of weight loss and fitness since I was 18. I was always pretty thin growing up but my senior year in high school I started having anxiety attacks and was put on medication to help me deal with them. Well, the biggest side affects to the medications was weight gain and this girl right here, gained quite a bit of weight. I honestly can't tell you how much because I didn't weight myself back then. Unfortunately it took me a long time to realize that I was gaining weight. One day I looked at a picture of myself and my face looked so round. I remember being so upset and I knew it was time for a change.
I started weaning myself off of my anxiety medication so I could start fresh when I went away to college. Unlike most people, I did not gain weight my freshman year in college. I actually lost weight quite a bit of weight both my freshman and sophomore year in college. My dorm was a solid 15-20 minute walk each way to the majority of my classes. Between walking that 2-4 times a day, going to the gym and eating a salad with most of my lunches and dinners, the weight just fell off. Again, I don't know what I weighed back then because I didn't even own a scale.
Junior year rolls around and I move off campus. I gained a little bit of the weight back but still felt pretty good.
 |
| Michigan's Upper Peninsula - January 2006 |
 |
| The Club - September 2006 |
My senior year I was
finally 21 and you could tell by the amount of weight I gained. Between drinking 2-3 nights a week and eating fast food the majority of the time, I was
pleasantly plump.
 |
| Graduation - May 2007 |
After graduation, I started working out 3-4 nights a week and attending Weight Watchers meetings. The weight started to fall off again and I felt amazing.
 |
| Orchid Ball - March 2008 |
 |
| Colorado - April 2008 |
 |
| Academy Banquet - May 2008 |
Fast forward a year, we moved to Texas and I got plump,
AGAIN. I was so pissed at myself for allowing the cycle to continue.
 |
| Stockyards - March 2009 |
I started WW again and was working out a couple of times a week. The weight came off a lot slower this time around but over the course of a year and a half I lost 25-30#'s. I really wanted to lose another 5-10#'s but regardless of how hard I tried, it wouldn't come off. I was able to maintain that weight for another year.
 |
| Dallas Arboretum - August 2009 |
 |
| Texas Ranger's Game - April 2010 |
 |
| Our Wedding - August 2010 |
 |
| Our Wedding - August 2010 |
 |
| Halloween - October 2010 |
 |
| Our Honeymoon in St. Lucia - November 2010 |
Slowly but surely, I stopped working out as much, started eating like a fat girl and the weight came back
AGAIN. You'd think I would've learned my lesson by now... right? Apparently I'm dense when it comes to this stuff.
 |
| Michigan - July 2011 |
 |
| Chicago - July 2011 |
 |
| Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure - November 2011 |
Last summer I hit my breaking point and said enough is enough. I really need to make this a lifelong lifestyle change and get rid of this weight once and for all. I started counting calories and working out. The weight is coming off as slow as a turtle this time around.
 |
| B.B. King - February 2012 |
After several months of trying, I had only lost a little over 3 pounds. Are you effing kidding me?! I decided to incorporate WW because I knew it had worked in the past. After almost 5 months, I've only lost a little over 7 pounds.
 |
| Carrie Underwood - October 2012 |
Although this is extremely frustrating, I have issues with my thyroid that I am trying to get squared away which should help me with my weight issues. In the meantime, I am just focusing on being a healthier me. I am trying to watch what I put in my mouth, which is not always easy, and working out on a regular basis.
I took the next step towards getting fit by joining a CrossFit gym tonight. I love the camaraderie that comes along with CrossFit and I'm looking forward to perfecting my form and getting fit with an amazing group of people!
Love all your pics! You can do this! We really need to learn to lean on each other even though we are so far away. I have your number and you have mine! We will do this together! WE WILL BE HEALTHY AND FIT! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Wendy! I was trying to show the progression of my weight going up and down. I can always tell in my face and arms. My ass and legs are always big so that's not a good representation HAHA! Yes, we really do need to lean on each other! My goal is just to be healthy and fit right now. I'm not so much worried about losing weight, as long as I am getting healthier!
Delete