Monday, July 15, 2013

End of my First Trimester & Beginning of the Second

So I've been royally sucking at blogging lately... sorry I'm not sorry :-)

I had been diligently writing posts about the baby before I made it public but now that it's out there I find myself having too many other things to do. Maybe it's because I'm back to work now? Who knows!

Anyway, here is a quick recap of the last couple of weeks. On June 12th I went back to my OBGYN as a follow up to my surgery. We did a sonogram and confirmed that the cyst was gone and Baby Williams is still growing like a weed. In fact, I got to see him/her move around like a little jumping bean which was by far the coolest thing I've ever seen! My doc also cleared me to go back to work and start working out again after 3 weeks off. Believe it or not, I was ready to get back to a normal schedule and begin working out again. In fact, I went and did CrossFit that afternoon :-)

Baby has his/her hand up by his/her face on the right hand side
Good picture of his/her profile :-)
Check out that heart beat!

Even though I returned back to work on June 13th, I only had to work 7 business days before Patrick & I were heading back to Michigan to visit family! One of his cousins graduated from high school and the other was getting married so we had a crazy week ahead of us. Before we took off, I experienced my first bout of cankles... ugh! I wish I would've taken a picture because they were horrible. They were swollen starting on Friday the 21st and didn't get back to normal until Monday the 24th. Since then my feet have stayed relatively normal but I find that after sitting all day at work they are somewhat swollen. To try and prevent them from happening again, I've started to propping my feet up while I'm at my desk and trying to keep them up while I'm relaxing at home. Hopefully this will help!

Our first official family photo at Bre's wedding
While we were in Michigan we made our rounds and spent tons of time with friends and family. The best part was telling all of our friends face to face about Baby W! Some of the looks I got were priceless! One of my girls even called Patrick a stallion which had all of us rolling! Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures while we were out with our friends. I'll blame it on the preggo brain!

After we got back to Texas I had my first official OB appointment (basically all of the previous ones were due to the cyst, not so much the baby) and they hooked us up with another sonogram. Unfortunately the pictures are pretty hard to make out since he/she was facing us.

If you look close, you can see a hand up by his/her head on the right side

This shows the head/face. You can kinda see the dark spots where the eyes are and the nose cavity on the right.
After a crazy couple of weeks, things are getting back to normal. I've been working every day and my "spare tire" is starting to somewhat look like a baby bump. Check out these pictures from last Tuesday (July 9th) as I was heading out the door to go to CrossFit. I will tell you, it's much harder to hide it in my tight workout clothes so I think it looks bigger here then it does on the regular.





That's it for now! I promise to try and do weekly updates from here on out. Hopefully I'll come up with some other fun topics to talk about and not just my baby :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment