Monday, July 1, 2013

Pregnancy Week 5 & 6

I decided I wanted to write about my pregnancy on a weekly basis on the blog so that after the baby is born, I can create a photo book with little blurbs about each week of my pregnancy.

Week 5 & 6 went pretty smoothly for me. Despite being completely exhausted, I haven't had any nausea so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to be that way! The tiredness could be a two fold situation for me. I've been having issues with my thyroid for a couple of years and was finally put on Synthroid almost a month ago. I was starting to feel less tired and not have as many symptoms of thyroid problems up until a week or so ago. Now all I want to do is sleep! I have two follow up appointments, one for blood work and one to discuss the results, for my thyroid at the end of May and the beginning of June so hopefully we can adjust the medication at that point.

Other than the tiredness, most of my life has remained the same. I have continued doing CrossFit a couple of times a week, working too much and trying to keep up with the life of my LEO and friends.

A couple of changes I've made thus far... 

No more alcohol (obviously) or soda! I actually gave up soda at the end of March when I started the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge (which I've stopped due to the pregnancy) but I'm not going to lie, I could really go for a Coke Zero some days! The only form of caffeine I've had recently is Spark from AdvoCare which is a natural product and I'm limiting it to once a day, if at all. 

I also gave up my weekly tanning sessions. For those of you who know me in real life, you know I have extremely fair skin and burn super easy. Since living in Texas, it has only gotten worse. I typically tan once a week in order to keep a base tan and avoid the constant battle of fried skin after less than an hour in the sun. Well it looks like I'll be taking up stock in sun screen this summer!

So a couple of fun things... The Chinese calendar from The Bump predicts that we are having a BOY! It's predicted by the month you conceive and my age. Just for fun, I looked on another website, Baby Zone and it says we are having a GIRL.

I tend to side with The Bump on this one. I've had a feeling for years that Patrick and I would have boys. Guess we will wait a couple of months and find out for real! It should be interesting getting Patrick and I on the same page with baby names because so far we are worlds apart! HAHA!

Quick shot with my belly covered
Side view... nothing there that wasn't there before, just a little bit bloated

Front shot... nothing there that wasn't there before, just a little bit bloated

It feels silly taking pictures of yourself when there really isn't anything there!

No comments:

Post a Comment