Monday, July 1, 2013

The Pregnancy Test

On Tuesday June 30th, I just had this gut feeling that I was pregnant. My period was late, I should've started on Friday and still nothing. I felt a couple cramps over the weekend that I thought for sure meant my period was coming but still nothing.

After texting with one of my best friends, she convinced me to stop and get a test on my way home. I texted Patrick and let him know my plans so he was on board. While at CVS staring at all of the tests trying to decide what one to buy, it hit me. This is it. If this test comes up positive, my life as I currently know it, will never be the same. After 10 minutes of debating, I finally decided to buy two boxes with two tests each. They were buy one get one half off so I figured it was my best bet... heck, I am still in denial that this is real!

I got into the car and checked the traffic and of course, it was all backed up the entire way home. This was going to be the longest drive home ever! Almost an hour later, I finally pulled into the drive and immediately came into the house to take the first test. I remember sitting down in the half bath, reading all of the instructions and preparing myself for this life changing moment.

I took the test and before I could even get the cap back on the test I saw the first line forming with the second line right behind it. There was no need to wait 2 minutes, this sucker was positive!

I ran outside looking for Patrick and showed him the test. He was looking for a true positive sign and not just two lines so it took him a second to realize that it was positive. After a couple of seconds he got the biggest smile on his face. I don't think I will ever be able to recreate that moment. The two of us standing in the side yard of our house with the smiles grinning from ear to ear... it was one of the most amazing moments of my life that I will never forget.

After coming back in the house I decided to take another test just to be 100% positive. Again, that sucker immediately showed two blue lines and I know this was it... we are about to be parents!




No comments:

Post a Comment